Case Study - ESRC
Higher Education Innovation and Collaboration
ESRC Postdoctoral Fellows Pilot Development Programme
Sealey Associates and the Universities Policy Engagement Network (UPEN), are working with the ESRC to offer a unique, pilot Professional Development Programme to 30 ESRC Postdoctoral Fellows (PDFs). The programme will expand and enhance professional development support for leadership and societal impact at this crucial, transitional career stage.
Starting in December 2021, this pilot programme is designed for, and with, early career social science researchers. It offers participants the following:
- Professional one-to-one leadership and career coaching.
- Peer-to-peer mentoring and a mentoring ‘surgery’ with a relevant academic or professional.
- Skills-development and networking through six ‘mini-crucibles’.
- An opportunity to address a real-world policy challenge through a collaborative, team-based workshop.
- An opportunity to bid for one of three, collaborative £5K pump-priming awards.
- Long-term connections with a network of professionals.